ReCreative diverts materials that are destined for landfills by collecting and re-distributing them to people who can use it for education, art, and inspiration. Community members and local businesses can reduce waste and also help enrich education and the arts.
And yes: we do offer receipts for your tax-deductible donations.
All material donations are 100% tax-deductible!
HOW TO DONATE:
What? We accept donations of clean and usable art, craft, and school supplies. We greatly appreciate if you organize your materials in advance . For example: fabric folded, small items bagged, similar items grouped together.
When? Your donations are appreciated and accepted during store hours.
Not sure about your donation? Please fill out the form below if you would like to donate something not listed here, or for limited pick-up service by appointment.
Got a lot? If you have a large amount of materials to donate (approx. a full car trunk or more), please contact us using the form below so we know when to expect you. Thank you!
We accept the following items:
• Paper (lined & unlined) • Paper pads • Stationary • Drawing or painting paper • Colored papers-origami, construction & cover stock • Rolls of paper • Newsprint-unprinted • Tablets • Computer paper • Gift wrap • Calendars • Wall paper & sample books • Graph paper • Maps • Stickers • Posters • Photos • Postcards • Greeting cards • Mat board • Chip board • Foam core • Tubes • Gift boxes
• Craft tools • Stained glass & supplies • Wicks • Wax • Corks • Pipe Cleaners • Foam blocks • Baskets • Ribbons • Wreaths
• Feathers • Shells
• Toys • Marbles • Musical instruments • Tools for construction • Sandpaper • Holiday decorations • Educational materials • String • Chopsticks • Costumes • Costume Jewelry • Ceramic tiles • Empty thread spools • Tennis balls • Vinyl tiles & samples • Cork • Peg board • Inner tubes • Wood bookcases • Drafting boards & tables • Flat Files
• Brushes • Art paints & pigments • Colored pencils • Fabric dyes • Pens, markers, crayons, chalk, pastels • Table looms • Ceramic glazes • Wax
FABRICS & NOTIONS
• Fabric • Printed cottons • Upholstery • Corduroy • Muslin • Canvas • Denim • Fleece • Knits • Felt • Burlap • Leather • Elastic • Lace • Fur • Batting-fiberfill, cotton, fiber • Piping & cording • Yarn • Needlepoint canvas • Sequins • Buttons • Beads • Glitter • Needles & pins • Patterns • Sewing tools-thimbles, rulers, pincushions, machines, etc. • Webbing • Zippers • Upholstery sample books • Designer samples • Mill ends of all kinds
• Wood scraps, good condition only — NO NAILS • Stretcher bars • Veneer • Blocks • Poles & posts • Boards • Boxes • Dowels • Frames • Molding • Trim
• Wire • Sheet metal • Cookie cutters • Jewelry parts • Trays/Tins • Film reels • Nails & screws
• Upright files • File folders • Dividers • Tape • Glue • Rubber bands • Pens of all kinds • Pencils of all kinds • Crayons • Rubber stamps & stamp pads • Ledger paper • Receipt pads • Drafting templates • Notebook binding • Legal pads • Envelopes • Clip boards • Scissors • Keyboards • Erasers • Chalk & chalk boards • White boards & markers • Cork boards • Staplers & staples
• Mylar • Boxes • Film canisters • Tennis ball canisters • Slide frames • Tubing • Folders • Flowers
ReCreative's Wish List
We are looking for supplies to help make our space great! If you want to donate any of the below listed items, please contact us. We'd be immensely grateful. Thank you!
Store fixtures•Fiber drums or barrels•Plastic bins and tubs•Laser cutter•3-D printer•Wireless speakers•Die cut machine and die cuts•Ladder•Hand tools•Sewing machines•Vise•Button maker and supplies•Handheld grommet setter and grommets
Items we cannot accept:
- Clothing, curtains, and half-finished sewing projects
- Household goods (e.g. kitchenware and appliances)
- Black or white plastic
- Computers, printers, ink cartridges, software
- Most food containers
- Styrofoam or packing peanuts
- Toilet paper rolls or egg cartons
- Broken glass, ceramics, dishes
These items that are just not right for ReCreative, but thankfully, there are many other great places in town you can take them. Check out this resource directory at Denver Recycles.
Don't see it on the list? Got a lot to give?
Please contact us to see if we can accept your items, or to let us know when you'll be bringing a large amount of materials to donate (approx. a full car trunk or more).
Please note: We currently have a limited capacity for large quantities of the same or similar materials.